Friday, September 8, 2006

Purist

I receive a call today. When I answered the phone, the guy on the other line introduced himself as an immigration officer. I was quite surprised as I was not expecting any call from anybody, least the ICA. So I played along and ask why and what he needed. As the conversation goes on, I've detected a Filipino accent which made me suspicious that it was a frank call. Indeed, it was.

Francis, my fellow photonski photographer, called up and told me that he read my blog and learned of my frustration with the Librodo workshop. He concurred to my finding and also shared his "frustration". Now, I felt relieved. All the while I was thinking that I was wrong, but with Francis telling me the same findings, I got a fresh breath of air. Franz was laughing as I was whining for over an hour, and gently he console me that it was okay. He assured me that I was doing it right - the correct way to be a master photographer - and that is to achieve mastery of my pictures from out-of-the-box. Meaning, excellent technical and superb composition as what the the camera has captured and not relying on Photoshop.

An hour later, I also got a call from another photonski photographer from Tolitz. This time, he called not because of the workshop issue but because he was trying to arrange a meeting with me (he wants to return the lens that he tested). We already talked about the workshop last Monday and he agrees with me. He told me that I would easily fit to the category of "purist" photographers. I just smiled with his remarks and said that I like it. His parting words were soothing to my ears... he alwasy reminded me to go where I am happiest the most. And for me, I think I would prefer shooting than photoshop.

I felt good today. Just like what I've hope for, I did find an answer to my dilemma. I got it from Franz and Tolitz.

No comments: