I was never a fan with motorcycles, much less big bikes. Yes, I could ride a single motorcycle but the last time I did that was sixteen years ago. How could I forgot? I still got the scar on my right elbow to remind me how I got so lucky and escape with my life. Huh! scary and still nerve chilling everytime I recall how I flew 15 feet ahead of my bike and landed with my arched arms and roll over perfectly. It's still amaze me when I think of how I did that. Oh! did I tell you that I was a champion taekwondo fighter in my younger years? hehehhee!
Anyway, back to bikes. I saw a post in the Photonski thread informing the team that there will be a Big Bike Festival at Clark Quay. It didn't get my attention at first, but when the succeeding posts in the thread mentioned about the Biker Babes competition, hah, that fired up my energies. This must be interesting, I thought. So I went there and check it out myself.
Well, the bikes were indeed big and beautiful. They came in different style, shape color, and sizes. Honestly, I couldn't appreciate the difference because for me, all of them were fantastic. A pretty girl - one of the crew - tried to explain the Ducati bike that I was looking at, and at the same time tried to sell me some tickets and bike accessories. Hehehe.. nice try but I didn't bite the bait. Instead, I ask them to pose with the bikes.
And the Biker Babe contest? Nah, it's not worth mentioning.
Just like what I had suspected, it was a waste time.
Or maybe... they're just not my type. Like food. We pinoys like adobo while the locals here like laksa. I think, I have to adjust my expectations and criteria with what a local Singaporean thinks and see. I'll work on it.
I almost forgot to mention, there was a Harley Davidson Fashion show performed by prefessional caucasian models. Hehehe.. when the contestants stood beside these pretty models, what a sight!
If you like to see big bikes, i've posted some pictures in my site. Just don't expect any babes in there because there's none!
http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/BigBike
No comments:
Post a Comment