Sunday, September 10, 2006

Swarovski

The fire is back!

It really helps to confide with fellow photograhers. They may not agree with you all the time, but at least they were there when you needed them the most. Now, the virus is active again. I am alive, kicking and excited to road test my camera.

At around 2pm, I went to Raffles City Mall to watch the Swarovski Show - a fahion show for jewelries. I may have arrived just in time when the show started but the problem was, I didn't have a good angle to shoot. The front rows and the sweet spots of the catwalk were all taken by the Clubsnap photographers who were came as early as 1 hour before the show. I tried to squeeze in but with only a 17-85mm medium zoom lens mounted on my camera, I could not get a shot without getting obstruction along my line of sight. Gee.. all the tsekwa on my side were using at least a 70-200mm telezoom lens. So no choice, I have to find a better spot. Luckily, I found one niche between the banner poles. To my surprise, Jared and Melvin were also situated nearby. We exchange few chit chats then concentrate back to business.

The show was good, the models were professionals, and the pacing of the show was photographer friendly. Meaning, we all have enough time to take pictures between poses and struts. The only complain I have was... I didn't got a good angle of view. Tsk tsk tsk... I will come back tomorrow.

After the show, I look around and saw the other photonski guys. They waived their hands to recognize our presence but they didn't come to our place. Unusual, I thought, but I let it pass. Anyway, I was busy testing the new camera of Melvin, and was also having a conversation with Archie - a Philippine based photographer who is visiting the city. Archie looks very familiar and I had a feeling that I have met him several years ago while I was working at Philcom.

We parted ways as they were going to Marina while I was going the opposite - to Orchard. On the train, I catch up with Bong and Glenn who were also going to Lucky Plaza. I brought up the topic of the workshop to see their view. Bong agrees with me that Manny could have done better if he didn't shoot and should have given the participants tips and ideas on what to see or observe. Glenn on the other hand was modest with his comment. He said that he learned techniques on lighting and discovered the secrets of Manny's photos. But on the latter end, he also gave comment that Manny may be a good photographer but he was not an effective teacher. Bingo! That makes four of us. heheheh... I was right all along.

I went home happy and relieve. Sus, I have wasted time and energy whining on some trivia things. From now on... back to photography.

Oh... yeah, I almost forgot, the Swarovski fashion show. Where am I? Ah, the show. Well, it was good and the models were pretty. I got some good shots but I am half hearted to show it to you now. I'll be back tomorrow and will come early to get a good spot. Promise, I'll post some pictures.


No comments: