Sunday, September 3, 2006

Fashion Marathon

Strange, I didn't felt excited to go out and shoot today. I usually had that fire in my belly when the first scent of Saturday comes into breeze. But not today, and I don't know why. I feel something was wrong with me. Perhaps the frustration has not yet set in, I guess, but I am optimistic that I could find an answer one of this days.

Anyway, I still went out today with my friends. I simply couldn't resist the temptation to take my camera for a stroll. Hah! What can I do? Either I'm infected with the shutter-virus or just a plain camera addict. Whatever!

We went to CentrePoint mall at Orchard to watch the Fashion Marathon. With what I've heard, the show would start from 1pm and would last until 5pm, hence we took our easy time and didn't bother to come early. And as expected, the Clubsnap guys were already filling the front rows when we arrived. We still found a good place though, and then started shooting. But.. ayahh.... the models where just not worth the click of my camera. Okay, given they are not professionals but ordinary "talents" that were pluck from obscurity, at least it would be nice if they knew how to walk properly. Problem was... they were not strutting at the catwalk, they were literally running. And when they pose? Hah! They would flick a pose for a fraction of second and then walk away. How could we take good pictures with that?

Don't ask me if I got good pictures, I didn't.

Frustrated, we went out and proceed to the the nearby Skating Park. We found it more satisfying and blissful watching the kids flying around with their skateboards and inline skates, than cursing the models who were murdering a decent fashion show.

No comments: