Monday, June 19, 2006

Concert at Fort Canning

Another typical Sunday... hay.. boring!

I went past lunch today - there's not much to do today anyway. I pass by at the Marina Square around 1pm and bought accessories for my camera and then proceed to Lucky Plaza. I went to see my new friends, whom I met last Sunday at the Kallang Theater, and gave them their pictures. I didn't stay long, though I wanted to stay (there were many girls around hehehe), I have to leave because Jessie was waiting for me at the Orchard MRT. After watching a movie, I spent the next two hours with her relaxing at Hotel 81.

We part ways at around 6pm. In my way home, Jared called up and ask I can join him watch a rock concert at the Fort Canning. Without a second thought, I made a u-turn and proceed to the Fort.

All the while I will be watching local rock bands but my surprise, I saw Filipino bands performing in the stage . I saw Bamboo - Bamboo the original vocalist of Rivermaya, and some other well known band whom I've seen perform gigs in Manila.

I saw Charlotte, my colleague in Photonski, with the band Lunchbox. Initially thought she was performing but... hehehe.. I was mistaken. It was Mikey Balagot who fronted as the lead singer of the band. Charlotte on the other hand was the photography for the band and she did what she do best - take pictures!

Me? of course, I also shoot - ako pa addict eh! Sad to say, there were only few people around - less than a hundred in my count. And come to think it's free and the performers were pinoy. I guess, there was just no information drive to reach the Filipino community.

Anyway, the show was okay. It was not great but not bad either. I watch the show for an hour then went home. I still have another show to watch and that would be much more exciting. What's the other show? hehehe... the 2nd part of Ms Singapore World.

No comments: