Tuesday, June 27, 2006

High School Dance Troupe

Would you believe that this fat burly (and ugly) guy used to strut the dance floor like Michael Jackson, and would slide and glide dancing waltz or tango ala Patric Swayze? Ayahh! don't laugh, it's true... but then that was 21 years ago. hehehe. I am sure you don't remember those dancers - they classics. Well, at least not John Travolta! har har har. Then, I would wear blue tights (sometimes red ones - arghh) for a jazz dance.

For a struggling teenage lad in an exclusive all-boys Notre Dame High School trying to fit in, how would you imagine the troubles that I undergo? Oh nothing really. Just daily doze of jeers and laughter from those Menudo-crazed catholic boys who would salute and fake-dance Billie Jean moves every time I passed by. Much as I wanted to react and hit them one by one, well, they were just simply bigger and taller so I just keep my angst with self. Anyway at the end of the day, it was me who got all the chance to hold the girls hands, embrace them, and lift them in the air. The girls, by the way, were college students. And know what? I did find my (ehem) 1st (ehem again) love in the group. Waahhh, so corny.

So what trigger with this nostalgia on High School dance troupe? Okay, (ashamed, ashamed, ashamed!!!) I did call an old flame - Dhafnie. I greeted her happy birthday, err, actually a belated birthday, and did chicka chika. Of course, we reminisce our good ole day and wish good luck with each other. Before parting, she gave me the numbers of Emily, Resty and Jovy our former colleague in the dance troupe.

I did call them, yes, but I'm not gonna write it now. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sleepy na.

No comments: