The visit to my "relatives" in the zoo was very taxing. The place was very humid, my gears were heavy, and we were all hungry. By 2pm, I could feel that I had drained out all my energy. Tsk tsk tsk... I guess I had to take a quick nap just to gain enough strength for tonight's shooting. Aba.. I don't want to pass this opportunity noh, it's the Ms Singapore World!!! So, we decided to cut short our tour - everyone was tired too. I went home straight and sleep.
Well after two hours rest, I packup my gears again and proceed to Eastpoint mall at Semei. Jared and Melvin where already there when I arrived. They got a small space by the side - not the
best position, but quite good enough for an acceptable photo angle. All the best places were already taken by the ClubSnap photographers. They all lined up in front of the runway.
By the way, I was quite surprise with the setup. The pageant will be at the middle of the mall with a makeshift ramp stage for the contestant and that's it. Meaning, it's free for all. Anybody can just walk in and watch. Gee.. this is far from the Ms Singapore Universe pageant in preparation. Hmm... it's good a thing though. Freelancer photographers like us wouldn't have to bother asking for permission to take pictures. It's for free!!!
Few minutes later, the emcee made an entrance and introduced the contestants in swimsuit attire. Wowowee... I hit a jackpot! I lift my camera and started pushing the camera trigger. Believe me, it took less than 10 minutes to finish off my 1GB memory card or roughly 300+ shots taken. Aside from memory card, I had to change batteries on my speedlite flash. Yeah... you're right! I missed some good moments during the time I "reload" new "ammunition". Anyway, I was quite satisfied with my take. I could easily say I made at least 20 "acceptable" shot, which is quite an improvement from my old standard of 5 in every 300.
Okay... enough of the dakdak... here's some sample shots of the Ms Singapore World 2006.
The eventual winner, Ms Francisca Collins
and here's my favorite bet - Joanne Great body, supladita (my taste), and ah basta.. type ko siya
And here's another one, the darling of the crowd...



No comments:
Post a Comment