Saturday, April 14, 2007

PSS

Glenn called at around 6pm and invited me to visit at the Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) office. Since I have no appointment for the rest of the night, I readily said yes. We met at the Konota photo shop then walk by the SMU ground towards Salegie road. Glenn told me that he is going to see the photo critiques of the club to solicit opinions on his Chingay pictures.

PSS is the world-known photo club in Singapore and boast members of world-class quality and has international level recognitions. I have long wanted to visit this place to enroll for Basic Photography class, and to sign up for membership. Today was a good opportunity.

I didn't expect to see both Bong and Blenda at the place. They too went to SPS office to have their pictures evaluated. I understand that the club is looking pictures to fill up their board and would also select pictures to include in the coming Chingay 2006 coffee book.

That information made me excited. "Me too!" I exclaimed. Blenda told me that I could also submit an entry if I am a member of the club. I didn't think twice. I went to the registrar and submit my application for membership. Then, I took out my laptop and asked Marie to critique my Chingay shots.

Marie gladly sat down and started to browse the pictures. I was amazed. Marie was thorough and didn't say a word that suggests that my picture was bad. Instead, she would point out what's wrong with the pictures such as exposure settings, composition, subject focus, cluttering, flare & ghosting, and freely give suggestions on how to avoid such mistakes. And when she would find good pictures, she never hesitated to give credits. She would even ask for a copy of the picture she likes.

Guess what... she rated three pictures that may qualify for her board! Yehey!!!!



No comments: