Did you recall... my surgeon told me to refrain outdoor photo shoot? But you know what I did today? I went out and assisted Tolitz for a pre-nuptial photoshoot. Oh, hard headed coconut!
Tolitz called gave me an early wake up call this morning. We have a scheduled pre-nuptial photo shoot with Doreen and CK, and we need to be at the location earlier than scheduled so we can have enough time to prepare our gears. And when we arrived at the meeting place, indeed we have ample to time to test our camera. We made several sample shots to make sure that we have the correct exposure. I take advantage of the time by learning how he meters the environment. I was amazed how Tolitz works. He was thorough and very particular with details, and did not settle for "that's acceptable". Instead, he pushed the limit of the camera and lens, and experiment on the best combination of light, shadows, and contrast of the subject vs the background. Gee... this guy is good!
Tonski, joined us later. He help us with the lights and reflectors and provided a much needed input for the exposure settings. And more importantly, with the three of us together, it made the activity much livelier and enjoyable. We were laughing most of the time, and had even infected the couple with our "funny virus"
We had a long day! We started at around 8:30 am
at the CBD, then moved to Tuas for the day shot at the Raffles Lighthouse, walked along the railway tracks of the old train checkpoint at Bukit Batok, stroll along the breezy park of Mt Faber, and finally made sunset shots at Palawan beach at Sentosa.
We also experiment on the long exposure and short light burst for night shots. We capitalize on the beautiful background scenery of the moon and stars and then use the Sentosa night lights as our foreground.
We finished at around 8:20pm. I just take a dinner at Geylang, then headed straight to home. I purposely missed the Gary V show at Suntec, because I was simply too tired.
Upon reaching home, I immediately climb on my bed, drop my body and in an instant... fall asleep! (I didn't change clothes, yuks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment