3am
I was awaken when I felt that someone was checking my blood pressure and temperature. Everything was blur as I opened my eyes and there was a white silhouette who was standing in front of me. I don't know if it was plain stupidity or playfulness that I did utter the words "Nasa langit na ba ako?".
The nurse, whom I believe was surprised, answered "nasa Changi Hospital po kayo at successful po ang operation".
I replied back "bakit may anghel sa tabi ko?". The nurse look at me, held my shaking hands and whisphered "nasa hospital po kayo"
I just smiled and said "I'm just kidding!"
The nurse went out of the room blushing. Hehehehe. I went back to sleep.
5am
I woke up again and this time I buzz the nurse station to get some help. I told them that I wanted to stand so I can empty my bladder. The nurses warned me that it if I'll do that, it would be very painful because my wound was still fresh. They offered a bed pan but I insisted of doing it to the toilet . It took three nurses to help me get up to my feet... with an excruciating pain that lingers even after I stood up.
One of the nurse stood by and assisted me until I reach back to my bed. Then, I asked her to give me a table and to bring me my computer so I can browse the Internet. She was surprise, I am sure, nevertheless followed my request. She even gave me some hot tea and biscuits.
7am
I was fully awake and was browsing the Internet when the doctor arrived. "Oh, you already sit down", he exclaimed. The doctor explained what happened to my appendix. He mentioned that it had grown to a monstrous size of 8 inches and was covered with nodes and tissues. The initial analysis shows that my appendix have swollen and healed for several times prior to the operation. There no sign of complications but just to be sure, they will send appendix to the laboratory for a detailed analysis.
Meantime, I have to stay for at least a day and by tomorrow, I could be discharged.
No comments:
Post a Comment