Dowin pass by at around 8pm. He informed me that there is an ongoing pageant at the Riyadh International School. The search is for the Mr & Ms RIS. "Can I shoot", I immediately asked. He was not sure but I didn't care. I took out my camera bag and proceed to RIS.
The pageant is already half way through, when I arrived. I immediately went to the far side of the stage and analyze the situation. No mutawah, no police, and no other foreign nationals were present. Good! I can shoot.
I went to the middle of the crowd and blend with the parents.
Having covered so many pageants before, I know exactly where to stand and when to take pictures. Without hesitation, I stood up and starts taking pictures, not minding if I was blocking the view of the other parents.
When nobody objected, I continued with what I was doing. Then some parents ask favors to take more pictures on their sons or daughters. Some are even willing to pay if I can give them the pictures. Hehehe... I can earn money here!
After the show, the parents approached me and ask how they can get the pictures. I told them that they can collect it with Mimi - the wife of Dowin, with some token or fee.
Frankly, it was never an interesting pageant. The contestant were just teeners, and my golly, the program was too dull. Pinky, I am sure, can do better. But... I still stayed and covered the event. I guess, with no activities or events to shoot, I have to settle to whatever is there. This is the only chance that I could use my camera so I grab it. Anyway, I would be earning some money. So.. not bad at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment