In this part of the world, weekend doesn't come on Saturday. Instead, it begins on a Thursday and ends on a Friday evening. Needless to say, our weekday starts on a Saturday.
And today, a Friday, my friend Dowin pass by at my place and invited me to attend a party. The celebration will be held on a private compound (also called as Estaraha) in Sulai District. I was hesitant at first thinking because it was still 7am and I was still sleepy. Besides, there's nothing to see in the place but when he told me that there will be some nurses and lady visitors, I immediately jump up and prepare my things. Hah! Now, I can use my camera again.
We arrived at the place quite early and were among the first visitors. My friends help in the preparation of the food, while I settled on one of the function rooms and continue my morning nap.
I woke up at around 11am, just in time when the bulk of the visitors arrived. I look around and saw a pretty lady who was walking on my direction. In a split of a second, I immediately grab my camera and took a picture of her. She was surprised and immediately turned away, but I was fast and I was able to capture her smile before she started to move away.
And the Jorgy boy... as usual, followed her in the on the other function room. I explained that I didn't meant harm and asked her if she could pose for me. And surprise, surprise... she agreed.
Slowly, I taught her how to pose such as how to arch her body and move her head
relative to the source of light. I also asked her to be particular with the movement of her hair. Judy - she told me her name - may not be very
pretty compared to my previous models, but she was relatively easy to control. She follows direction to the letter and surprisingly has an inherent skills on how to project herself. In fact, it didn't take me an hour to get the shots that I wanted to see. Few minutes of finding the appropriate source of light, and few shots is what I needed to get a good portrait.
Later at the party, I had another talk with Judy. She told me that she has contemplated on my offer (a long photo session) and she has decided to go for it. She was particularly interested to have good portrait for large print, and some pictures with her sister. I smiled and agreed. I told her that I may need a large room and some good wall background.
Before parting, she gave me her number. She requested to send an email for the details of the photo shoot.
Hehhee.... who said there is no photo shoot in Saudi Arabia! Nyehehehe... I was wrong!
More pics at my site
http://www.photonski.com/sons_of_jorge/Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment