For the past two weeks, I reported to work using a temporary access pas which I secure at the reception area on a daily basis. Getting a temporary pass is tedious and challenging task. You need to bear the grunt and cold treatment of the burly MPs (military police) and have to be patient with their English language deficiency. Twice, the guards let me wait for 30 minutes for the simple reason of.. they were waiting for their colleague who can speak English.
Hehehe... waiting is alright. What I can't bear is the way they ask questions, as if, I am inside a high security interrogation room for a heinous crime. I don't blame these soldiers. They were only trying to protect a high security facility from the terrorist. I learned that two years ago, they were hit by two car bombs. That is what they wanted to preclude to happen.
Back to my access card.
My boss actually applied for a permanent access card for me. But knowing how this people works, I expect that it would take them three weeks what the Singaporeans can do in less than a day. I didn't mind, though. A permanent card can log my movements inside the compound. My boss would be able to check my location and verify how long have I worked. But with my temporary access card, my boss cannot track me down. Neither can he checked whether I completed the official 44 hours work week. Hehehe... I have an excuse then, to go home early.
And indeed, I went home early today. 2pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment