Friday, November 16, 2007

KAMC

"Life would be dull".. so they say when I was still thinking of going back to Riyadh. But... hehehe... I have proven them wrong.

I went to Malaz this afternoon to visit some friends. Malou - the nurse whom I met at the Military hospital last week - invited me to cover a volleyball tournament at KamC. "Malayo ba yan", I ask. She smiled and timidly said it is. "But we have a transportation so you don't need to worry that you didn't bring your car", she added. I couldn't say yes because I didn't know the place and ... with the event to start only at 10pm, that would be too late. So I politely declined the invitation, but I offered to do a shoot for free should there be any event in the future. Well, I was glad that she didn't take it bad. I guess, she understand that her invitation was just too late.

When I arrived home, Dowin asked me to guide him to the National Guard Hospital because he is not familiar the place, and he needs to be there before 6pm for a tennis tournament. And since I have nothing to do tonight, I gleefully agreed. In my mind, I would be meeting new faces again. National Guard Hospital compound is known to be "free" and women don't wear abaya. We left the house at 5pm. Of course, I brought my camera with me. Hehehe...

Trouble knocks when we arrived at the gate. I just realized that we need a "sponsor" from inside to get a pass. I was really worried because only Dowin was registered and I don't have any invitation. While standing near the gate - thinking of a solution for this predicament - I saw the sign at the entrance: King Abdullaziz Medical City. Gee... it stands for the word KAMC.

Alas, I found a way out. I immediately called Malou and asked her to sponsor for me. She gave me her ID number and called the guard at the gate. It didn't take a minute and I was able to obtain a pass.

Dowin proceed to his tennis tournament, while I detoured to the Recreation Center. Malou was already waiting for me at the canteen and was waring a big smile when I saw her. "I thought you don't like to see me tonight", she sarcastically greeted me. "You were right but I have some itched to scratch", I sweetly responded. Laugher followed!

She then took me to the volleyball court and introduced me to her colleagues. There were plenty of them and remembering their names was a challenge. But I remember one whom caught my eye - Mitch. Hehehe...

I took out my camera and starts taking pictures. Shooting at the players while theya are playing was very difficult because the lighting condition was poor. So I settled to snipping on by players at the bench and on the nice ladies at the crowd, but with flash forbidden, my pictures still comes short. After an hour of frustration, I gave up and went back to Malou who was waiting for me at the bench. Talking to her was far better than watching the game. She was, let me put it nicely, a good host!

Two hours later, Dowin arrived. He signaled that we are go to go!

I held Malou in the hands and bid adieu. She gave me a kiss on the check and let go of my hands. I went home with a big smile on my lips. Not only that I got a kiss, but also several numbers from new nurses whom I met at KamC. Mitch?, hehehe.. I got her number too.

Hah!... so life is dull in Saudi.. hehehe.. they were all wrong!

No comments: