Saturday, March 31, 2007

1st time

I could not remember when was the last time I got confined in a hospital. Maybe, I had one during my childhood but as far as I could remember I never been that I need to stay in a hospital. Today, that's exactly what I did. The doctor declared that I have to confined for further diagnosis.

The doctor initially told me that I have an inflammation on my appendix but he wanted to be certain so schedule me to the X-Ray and then to the CT Scan. At around 11am, the doctor declared that they will need to perform surgery to remove my swollen appendix.

The operation started at 2pm. I was nervous but tried to hide it by making jokes with the Filipino nurses at the operating room. I remember that I was talking to the pretty anesthesiologist then my senses went black. The next thing I recall was a soft Filipino voice of a nurse telling me that everything went fine. Pain was all over my body, and I want to vomit but I could not move my body. Another soft Filipino voice whispered on my ears and told me to vomit slowly while she held my head sideways.

The pain was too excruciating and all I could do was whisper "it's painful". The nurse spoke to me in Filipino saying she will give me an pain reliever, and before I could say I word, I already felt the needle on my arm. Then, I went black out, again.

10pm. I regained my senses and started to look around. I saw a nurse was standing by my side and told me that i'll gonna be fine. I smiled and asked for some water because I feel so hungry. She gave me a hot tea and help me drink it. I thank her, then went back to sleep.

No comments: