Correct! Never touch the model, no matter what!
That's one cardinal rule that all photographers should observe during photoshoot. A simple rule, you may say, yet easily broken or forgotten.
And I am no exception on that. I am often guilty of touching the arms, shoulders, face or fingers of the models especially if the model couldn't get what I wanted her to do. My colleagues pointed out this matter, and ever since, I had tried to be conscious with the rule.
This morning, a similar incident happened.
Together with my colleagues in Kubo, I went to the Philippine Embassy for the pictorials of the Mr & Ms Philippines candidates. We divided the group into two - those who will shoot using studio lights, and the other using ambient light. I joined the second group because I want to take burst shots and candid pose rather than a contolled one.
I knew most of the candidates. They were students of different schools and I already had several photo sessions with them before. Hence, I easily get their confidence and they were very casual with me. We even exchange jokes and share laughters while waiting for the photosession proper.
The typical of me - who cannot sit down and wait for long hours - I asked the models to do a practice shoot. Two models readily agreed - they were students of RIS & SPIS - and we finish the shoot without any glitch.
Still not contented, I asked another model to pose for me. Unlike the previous models, this one is hard. She doesn't know how to pose and she could hardly follow instructions. In my desperation, I physically moved her fingers to the position that I want. I forgot the rule!
X2, our team leader, saw me did that.
It was a mistake that I realize later. It was okay that X2 would have pointed out that offense and he has all the right to sanction me. But he has no right to shout at me in the presence of everyone. Anthony, who was shooting with me at the time, feel offended too.
I stopped shooting.
Few minutes later, I talked to X2 about the matter and told him what I feel. He explained about the rule. I also emphasize that he shouldn't have shouted at us infront of the model. Both of us admitted our mistakes, and we reconciled.
I left early... not because I was slighted, but because I have prior commitments for this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment