Alpha males are always fond of watching pretty girls, they say. Not me! Hehehe... I like pretty girls, but I do prefer beautiful girls than the pretty ones.
Amidst the sea of beautiful gown, handsome tuxedos, pretty teen girls, gorgeous mothers in their best dress, a lady in orange pencil-cut dress caught my attention. She could be one of the parents, I thought.
"Hmm... she't pretty but she's look too conservative, just like my teacher in high school" I smirked in silence. I take a good look at her, and then I went ahead with my merry ways of taking pictures. But then.... when the show started and everyone has to sit down, I found my self with Ranie and the pretty girl in orange. Ranie, politely introduced me to Carol, the principal of Palm Crest International School.
Dang!!!!!
Hehehehe... I thought, she's one of the parents! And... only to realize, she's a principal. Gee, I made a bobo of my self out there.
Contrary to the impression I perceived - a conservative teacher, she's actually cool and funny. Not only that. She's smart, witty and can easily explore diverse topics during conversation. I was so impressed of how fine she was, that I told her:
"You're the second person who impressed me here in KSA"
She just gave me a wicked smile and she mutted.. "Second?"
"Yep, because the 1st one was the principal of Al Taj"
We shared a timid laughter. (We can't laugh loud because the program was on-going.)
Few more things I learned from her. She's just arrived here in Riyadh last August, she's having a good time in her current school, is happily married, and just like all the newbies in the city - she's experiencing a hard time adapting with the culture and rules.
I didn't stay long at their table. I bid adieu and then continued with my order of the day - photoshoot.
* * * * * *
I had a beautiful day today; photoshoot with the graduating students, meeting very proud parents, browsing elbows with the good people in SE, and meeting new friends.
Hah! Who says there's no fun in KSA?
Amidst the sea of beautiful gown, handsome tuxedos, pretty teen girls, gorgeous mothers in their best dress, a lady in orange pencil-cut dress caught my attention. She could be one of the parents, I thought.
"Hmm... she't pretty but she's look too conservative, just like my teacher in high school" I smirked in silence. I take a good look at her, and then I went ahead with my merry ways of taking pictures. But then.... when the show started and everyone has to sit down, I found my self with Ranie and the pretty girl in orange. Ranie, politely introduced me to Carol, the principal of Palm Crest International School.
Dang!!!!!
Hehehehe... I thought, she's one of the parents! And... only to realize, she's a principal. Gee, I made a bobo of my self out there.
Contrary to the impression I perceived - a conservative teacher, she's actually cool and funny. Not only that. She's smart, witty and can easily explore diverse topics during conversation. I was so impressed of how fine she was, that I told her:
"You're the second person who impressed me here in KSA"
She just gave me a wicked smile and she mutted.. "Second?"
"Yep, because the 1st one was the principal of Al Taj"
We shared a timid laughter. (We can't laugh loud because the program was on-going.)
Few more things I learned from her. She's just arrived here in Riyadh last August, she's having a good time in her current school, is happily married, and just like all the newbies in the city - she's experiencing a hard time adapting with the culture and rules.
I didn't stay long at their table. I bid adieu and then continued with my order of the day - photoshoot.
* * * * * *
I had a beautiful day today; photoshoot with the graduating students, meeting very proud parents, browsing elbows with the good people in SE, and meeting new friends.
Hah! Who says there's no fun in KSA?


No comments:
Post a Comment