Saturday, February 21, 2009

draft: 3rd attempt

7:30pm

I woke up and took a light dinner. Finally, I have recovered and my mind is now cool and sane. Edwin, my housemate , was smiling when I went out of my room. He heard about what happened this afternoon with me and Benjie. With Ate Girlie, they all agreed that Benjie deserves that. They also said, that Benjie finally met someone whom he cannot bully in the neighborhood.

10:30pm

Staring at my laptop, I open up a word processor with the intention of making a draft for my International Speech. I started by browsing my Ice Breaker speech which I delivered a year ago. I thought of revising it and making it a bit formal.

Thirty minutes passed, still, there was nothing in my draft. All I have written was "I remember it vividly... ". The exact first line of my 1st speech.

I tried once more. This time, I opened up my 2nd speech - the Master of Fate speech. Work on it for another sixty minutes, only to give up because there was nothing in my head. I have no clear objectives, I have no plot, and I lack the creative desire to spark an explosion of ideas.

Frustrated, I gave up writing the draft. Instead, I opened up old pictures and start post-processing it.

No comments: