Saturday, February 21, 2009

hot head

It was past 11am when we decided to pack up and head towards home. Everyone was tired and hungry too. Well, I was no exception. I just want to go home, eat lunch, and sleep. I even zoom ahead of the pack.

* * * * *

I passed by at the RIS to check what was the happening at the badminton today. I was also hoping there was food - I was really hungry - but got dismayed to found none. No choice, I went to the canteen and contend myself with noodles and soup. Well, that was better than nothing.

When I reach home, I saw this neighbor named Benjie taking up three slots in the parking space of our villa. I was quite offended because he is hogging more than half of our park area. I don't know what comes into my head - sleep deprivation perhaps - I park my car in front of one of his three cars. He sneered at me and said "Oi, dun ka muna mag park (Hey, you park out there)". I just look at him and said "Hay naku Benjie, alin ba sa tatlong kotse mo ang gagamitin mo? (Hus, which one of your three cars will you use today?"). He started yelling at me and was grumbling some vindictives. I looked back at him and shouted back "Ang yabang mo Benjie, at sinabi ka na hindi maganda sa akin. Wag mong sabihin sa iba, sabihin mo sa harap ko" (You're boast to much, and you said something bad behind my back. Don't gossip it to others, say it infront of me)".

He was flaming with anger and his eyes were dilated. He was ready to attack. So I took my stance and got ready to fight. In my calculation, this guy may be taller and bigger, but I can surely beat him with ease. I may be rusty, but a black-belter will always have the instincts to fight even after 20 years without practice.

However, his flare fissles out!

He conceeded and said "Tama na! (Enough)". Sensing no immediate threat, I lower my guard and look around. I saw, his wife watching us behind one of the cars. I thought, it is not a gentleman of me, if beat her husband infront of her. There are other times, for sure. Hence, I decided to stand down too.

I slowly went back to my car, and park it away from them. Without mincing a word, I went inside the villa and took my needed rest.

Hah! I was so hot headed today.

No comments: