Wednesday, February 18, 2009

advice from my mentor

Still reeling from that unexpected victory, I felt so "kind" tonight that I volunteer to drive TM Willy and TM Ramed to their place. TM Erick came with us... and that made the conversations during the drive... very very lively. Knowing Erick, huh! surely there's no dull moments.

Along the way, I confide with my mentor TM Ramed that I was surprised that I have beaten TM Roi. I acknowledge that TM Roi was not 100% at his best that night. He was suffering from fever and he was actually shivering while waiting for his turn. If it was not the case, I doubt if I could get my prize.

TM Ramed, the ever good motivator, just smiled and said "you can do better than that". He further gave suggestion on how to improve my evaluation. The points he raised where: not to dwell on the content of the speech but rather on the presentation and delivery; although I analyze the structure of the speech, I should have asked if the selection of the style was effective for the speech purpose; and lastly, I should have touched on whether the objective of the speech was accomplished.

Wheew!!! that was straight and truthful. I will surely, listen to that advice.

I also confided with TM Ramed that I am still not set on what to deliver for my International Speech. He suggested on talking about what's close to my heart, my experiences, and what I do. When I told him that I am planning of revising my Ice Breaker, he smiled and replied that some good International Speeches were actually Ice Breakers too.

No comments: