I didn't have enough sleep last night. I finished the draft past 2am and I woke up at 7am. That's not 5 hours, actually, because I didn't count the two hours I stayed awake in bed trying to stop the rush of ideas in my head. Hohuummm...
I went to work this morning, but cancelled all my appointments and closed my office door the entire day. I spent the morning reviewing the draft that I made last night, and started memorizing the lines.
11:30am
I have successfully mock delivered my speech.
Happy and contented, I called up TM Richard and told him that I just finished my draft this morning and I am now practicing it.
"What else is new with you Nathan. You never memorize your speech, do you?".
Am I having a reputation that I don't prepare for my speeches? Tsk tsk tsk, bad!
Richard and I stayed on the phone quite long. We didn't talk much about the speech but about persons and personalities of our friends. We both had good laught everytime we hit some one with cruel discriptions and jokes. That was bad I know, but we only talked about it just for fun. Besides, it was only between the two of us.
I don't know how the idea started, that I declared:
"Kung di jud ma-dah sa speech, mag hubo gud! (If I can't do it with the speech, then why not strip naked)?".
"Unsa na, Kung Fu Panda (What is that, Kung Fu Panda)?". he replied
A hefty laughter followed.
It was a joke, but that jest of stripping naked during the speech stuck on my mind. It made me rethink on the delivery of the speech. And when I saw a roman soldier graphics in a computer ads, I finally decided to deliver my speech not by stripping but putting on an armor.
1:45pm
I excused my self in the office and went home.
Quickly, I revised my draft and incoporated the concept of putting on an armor. But, instead of armor I used clothes to create segments on the timeline of my life.
In 15 minutes, I was ready with my final draft.
It was practice time.
No comments:
Post a Comment