It was getting late in the afternoon. We left the Ibn Tulun mosque at around 4:15pm and decided to proceed to the Eqyptian Museum of Antiquities.
And finally after five hours of "sightless" visits to mosques and citadels, I saw some "food for the eyes". Hehehe... if you don't get what I was talking about, I will spell it out to you. There were so many beautiful ladies in the musuem and almost of them were Caucasians. And you guess it right, some of them were wearing skimpy shorts and flunging necklines (no bra?). Hehehe..
But that is not what we came here for, right? We want to see mummies not hot mommies. Nyahahaha.
Seriously, we went to the Egyptian Museum to see the famous King Tutankhamun and other royal mummies. And lo and behold, we we were amazed by the magnificent collections of the Egyptian Museum. The main hall of the 1st floor houses two great statue (I don't know who) and hundreds of stone carvings and relics. Further down several halls were various collections of vases, earthwares, weapons, and many more.
The second floor gather a more important collections of various royal items. There was specially temperature-controlled hall which houses several golden coffins belonging to paraohs and royal families. Of course, the most famous of them was King Tut. There were other royal mummies in there such Ramses III, Amenhotep and many more whom I cannot remember.
The museum was so large that I failed to visit all the halls and rooms. My estimates, you need at least three hours just to quick visit (walk-through) all the items on display. Sad to say, we only had 30 minutes left before the museum closing time. We came at 4:30 and closing time is 5:00pm.
Huh!, why didn't we go here directly instead of visiting those mosque? Darn that driver.
Anyway, I managed to take some pictures inside the museum. Hehehe... of course, it was forbidden to take pictures inside but for a 1-second photographer like me, that would not matter. Don't expect superb quality pictures though. I did set my camera to high ISO (low quality) so expect lots of digital noise in the pictures.
Outside, I did manage to take pictures of the museum, of myself, and... of beautiful ladies.
Not a bad after all. The 30-minutes museum visit was much more eventful than the 5-hours visit on the mosques.
No comments:
Post a Comment