Sunday, October 5, 2008

lucky night

My friend woke me up at around 11pm. With the rest of our colleagues, she took me to a nearby Chinese Restaurant and bought me dinner. After that, we proceed to the hotel bar with the intent of drowning ourselves with beer. But the beer price was simply too prohibitive that we decided to move to the Casino, instead.

Casino? Hehehe... not my first time, though, but I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive of the idea.

I never like to gamble. Not even if the odds are tilted on my side. Much more if I felt I am destined to lose.

It's not that I am afraid of losing. It's just that I hate putting my self to incalculable situations. Blame it to my pragmatic philosophy, but I would rather had probability than a game of chance. (Hmm.., there are the same, aren't they?) But tonight, I made a bold step that drifts away from my comfort zone - I played with a game of chance.

I'll just watch, I told myself.

* * * * * * *

While my colleagues got entangled in the Black Jack tables, I settled on a nearby roulette. My friend stayed with me and gee... she knows how to play. We started the bet slowly at $5, then increment it to $25 and eventually stayed at $50 per game. It was exciting, I tell you. We would lose for 4 straight plays, win 2 straight, and then alternate win and lose. The adrenaline rush on my body was delirious, once the ball starts to fall from the roulette. I would hold my enthusiasm each time we win, but my friend?... duh... What do you expect from a blond Caucasian girl? Of course, she would simply let the emotion loose. I was ashamed, you know.

At the end of the night... err... end of the daybreak, I should say, we went out with a $700 win. Not bad, eh? But, this would be my last, and that is for sure.

No comments: