I know that there are hundreds of Pyramids in Egypt with only few dozen that are of great importance. What I didn't know is.. the first pyramid is just in Saqqara, several miles away, and infact can be seen with the naked eye from Giza. That's why, I readily agreed when then the cabbie suggested to make a short visit to Saqqara. It was an hour rugged drive but it was worth it.
My first impression of the Step Pyramids of Djoser was not nice. It lacks the "grand" design of Cheops or Chephren, but as we tour along the Funerary Complex of Djoser I discovered and was amazed how beautifully and meticulously the site was designed. Our guide explained that Saqqara complex was the model of the Memphis Necropolis - the test site. Here, the great Imhotep - the first pyramid builder, started building mastabas which eventually lead to the building of the Djoser Step Pyramid. Without the experience in Saqqara, the ancient Egyptians would not be able to build the grand Memphis Necropolis.
On the lighter side... not only did I enjoy watching the pyramids, but I was also engrossed with watching beautiful caucasian tourist. Hehehe... I don't think, just watching tombs and stones would excite the hormones inside of me. Beautiful girls, would! Hyahahahaa
No comments:
Post a Comment