Sunday, October 5, 2008

At Giza...., again

Day 7

Would it be nice to touch - at least one block of - the Great Pyramids with your bare hand? That's exactly the thought that was consuming me the whole day.

Remember, I told you about our ordeal few days ago where that bastard guide tricked us into the desert to see the view of the Pyramids kilometers away? This time, we learned our lesson. No more swindling guides and no more camel rides to the desert.

Before going out, we hired a responsible cabbie who assured us that there will be no extra fee and he will get us the base of the Pyramids. Indeed, he didn't disappoint us. He really brought us inside the Giza (Memphis) Necropolis complex.

Not only have I seen the Great Pyramid up close in its splendor, but I also got the chance to to climbed it and went inside the Pharoah's Tomb. Just don't ask if it was difficult, because it really was. The steps were too steep and the tunnel was barely enough for a big fat guy like me. It you are claustrophobic, you better not think of going inside the tomb. Just stay on the steps and enjoy watching other tourist. There's plenty of "pretty sights" out there. Hehehe

After climbing the Pyramid Cheops, we went to Chephren and then to Mykerinos. We also made a short trip to the West Ridge to view the entire Memphis Necropolis with the three Great Pyramids at the center. It was a marvelous sight. No words could describe the wonderful feeling I felt. And honestly, only in my dreams had I thought of watching this Ancient Wonder in full glory.

Hah! I could only exclaimed, "I made it".

No comments: