Tuesday, March 6, 2007

bye 17-85 IS USM


When I love a thing, my personal belongings, I had the tendency to keep it long after its shelf life or usability. I value my "treasures" in life and make sure that I kept them in pristine condition. Would you believe that I still have my grade school report card that has a star on it? I kept it together with my notebooks, sketchbooks, poems, love letters, love cards, boy scout badges, band pins, honor ribbons, tickets to concerts, pictures of love interest and my most valued items - my diaries of 1983-1999.

Now I am old, the items I considered my treasured things are my camera, lenses and camera accessories. True to my old style, I kept my things on pristine condition and regularly clean them every weekend.

And the idea of selling one item was simply not my style. But, there's always a first time for everything, so they say. After four months of contemplating, I finally decided to let go of my Canon 17-85mm/f4-5.6 IS USM lens. It a hard decision, but with two instance that the lens failed me - first at Angkor Wat and second at Chinggay Festival - I have no choice but to salvage some value on it. I sold it to an American guy named Mark at $800. I basically lost $300 and six months more of warranty.

Huh! that was a hard decision.


No comments: