Friday. Crunch time!
It was already past 10am and yet there was still no response from Edsel and Franz. So, I called Glenn and informed him that there will longer be changes on yesterday's tally. And for the remaining 6 slots, I suggested that the officer will pick from the 33 stand-by entries.
Five officers participated in the straw vote and decided for the last 6 pictures to complete the 30 entries. Glenn and Bong, then proceed to Conota Photo Lab to have the picture printed. They didn't wait for the prints because they still have to report back to office. Later in the afternoon, Blenda asked me a favor to pick up the prints. I will have to bring it to Tampines for mounting. I agreed but told them that I will be late because I still have to meet Tolitz at 7pm.
When Tolitz knew that we will be mounting the pictures, he was so eager to join and help. But I advice him to go home and rest. He was having a fever that time and I was worried that this may get worse and could cost him to miss the Exhibit day. Heis much more needed on the exhibit day itself for the media interviews, than helping us mount the pictures.
I arrived at Tampines at around 8pm. We clean up the frames and started mounting the pictures. Then one by one, we clean them up and arrange it in one corner. It was tiresome but we all had fun. "So this is how to prepare an exhibit", I told myself.
And as the framed pictures increased in number we mounted two sample frames on a stand. While watching it from afar, I felt satisfied and happy. I just realized that the "ordinary" web thumbnails were actually beautiful pictures when printed and mounted in large sizes.
We finished mounting the pictures at around 2 o'clock in the morning. I counted 22 frames - 8 frames short. Blenda then informed me that two pictures from the second group were not printed because the files doesn't have enough pixels to create a good quality of large print. And the last 6 will be printed only on Saturday.
We then agreed to get 1 more entry from the stand-by and another late entry from Arjie.
No comments:
Post a Comment