Last day!
I already gave up all hopes that Kelly would release me to CA without the necessary liquidation fee. Lai already told me yesterday that CA is not willing to pay for any fee for my release. Robert on the other hand, informed me this morning that if I opted to join CA by myself without the necessary clearance, they would charge me 25% of my salary for the past 2 years!
Damn! that's a lot and lots of money and I cannot afford that.
Late in the afternoon, I went to Kelly office and meet Shemaiah and Robert. They explained to me that as of today, I have no choice but take the status quo. Meaning, no salary increase, same benefits, and only six months contract renewal. They understood that I am about to loose over $1500 salary differential if I drop my plans of going for direct contract with CA.
Robert understood my predicament. He acknowledge that May last year, I gave up the opportunity to work with Starhub and a salary of $6k on the premise that Kelly will help me gave my PR. He noted that we have a verbal agreement to finish the contract and after that, he
will let me go. But, he said that our verbal agreement may not hold water because I have a signed contract with Kelly with specifically prohibit me from joining CA in the next three months after contract termination.
Shemaiah who was fully supportive of me promised to help me to get a perm job from another company. She asked for my updated resume so she can profile it immediately.
I felt sad, but I have no choice. I agreed to the status quo. I left the Kelly office with heavy heart.
Tsk tsk tsk... I just lost $1700 monthly increase!
No comments:
Post a Comment