Saturday, March 17, 2007

starfruit

In the Philippines, when someone labeled you as "balimbing" (star fruit) it means that you are not trustworthy and not a reliable friend.

For the first time in my life, I was called balimbing - right in my face!

It happened last night during our meeting with the rest of the Photonski officer. I was explaining why I was neutral and why I was "over-extending" my hand to Goryo and Francis and even to Jared, when Arjie interrupted me. He told me - point blank - that he didn't like my action of agreeing with Francis on the issue of lack of time. Arjie said that we already agreed as a group that we will put the issue of lack of time behind. As a member of the group, I should have sided with them and not with Francis. "Lumalabas, para kang balimbing" (It seems that you flip-flop), he said.

I just continued explaining my point and emphasizes that all I wanted was keep the group intact and was trying to reach out those who are different.

Frankly, I was not angry with Arjie. I know he was just confused with my action and concluded based on the wrong premise. But, I admit... Arjie's word hurts.

I called Tolitz this morning, and told him about what I felt. I tried to unwind my heartaches and dismay, and I told him that I didn't thought that being flexible and wanting to understand or respect someone's opinion could make me a "balimbing". Tolitz just laugh and tease me that he was never bothered because he unsubscribe in the yahoo group mail - without quiting the group. His argument was simple: no news no bad words no pain.

And that exactly what I did tonight. I unsubscribe myself from the yahoo group email list but didn't quit as member of the Photonski. I still maintain my galleries in the website and participate in the forum. Hehehehe... I followed the advice of Tolitz.


No comments: