I arrived at the Gallery of Fort Canning at around 12pm. I was quite ashamed that I came late and was not able to help. I know, Bong and Glenn came an hour earlier just to setup the frames, and they were the ones who arranged the pictures and ensure smooth flow for the viewers. Anyway, I called up Glenn this morning and explained why I cannot come early.
A good news greeted me when I stepped into the Gallery. Glenn was smiling and informed that Metrobank was interested with my picture, and would like to know the price. I was dumbfounded. I initially thought of giving it for free but Bong politely disagreed. He said that if I give it for free, the value of the pictures would depreciate significantly. I saw the point of Bong, so I gave an initial price of $100. Glenn suggested to increase it to $200 because the buyer intends to use it for commercial purpose.
Minutes later, I meet the prospect buyer, the General Manager of Metro Bank Singapore. I was elated when he told me that the picture captures the essence of the Overseas Filipino Workers and particularly likes the title of "Bagong Bayani". He told me that he would like to display the picture in the Branch Office at Lucky Plaza. When ask for the price, I told him that we will give him a formal quotation in his email address. He smiled, shake my hand and said that he will be expecting it.
I was really really happy!!!! Hehehe... I didn't expect that my "ugly" picture could catch a buyer.
Later in afternoon, Lester arrived. He meet with Glenn and Bong, and the rest of the Photonski officers. He congratulated us for the good effort that we put up for making the Exhibit possible. He also gave us some tips, particularly on choosing the pictures (many entries didn't pass his taste), and reminded us to be more careful with the selection. When Glenn opened up the issue on pricing, Lester reminded us to protect the copyright of our work and should not hesitate to price our work handsomely. He suggested a price of $300 or more for my "Bagong Bayani" work.
Hehehe... this one good news! My ugly duckling would fetch $300. Yes!
* * * * * * *
Many more Photonski member arrived and everyone was having fun sharing what they've done during the past few months. Aside from a casual smile and shaking of hands, I didn't spend long time with them. Not that I like rubbing elbows my my colleagues, it just that I have a more interesting agenda at hand.
There were so many pretty ladies around and I couldn't resist the temptation of flirting around. Bong and Glenn, when they saw me, just smiled and whispered "scout for TFCD!". And fortunate enough, I found three potential candidates: two nurses from National University Hospital Francesca & Edi, and a lady named Liezl.
Among the three, I like Liezl the most. She's a singer and performing with a local band here in Sg. Not only she's pretty and beautiful, oh boy, she got the body every man would die for. She's daring, confident, and definitely she's hot! She even make fun of me saying that I would certainly melt when she poses naked in front of me. I just smiled and kept my comment in myself. Hah! I'll get my last laugh during the photoshoot.
I can't wait for that day...
No comments:
Post a Comment