Good thing there not much work in the office. I have more than enough time finalize the exhibit entries.
I started to sort out the result from the judges. I called up Goryo to confirm his selection and discuss with him his proposal of adding subtitles to each pictures. He suggested some titles but remind me that the panel will still have the final say.
Then I called up Tolitz and discuss his selections and the merits of each pictures. We had fun as he rated each picture. If the entry was far way off, we murder the evaluation and then ends up laughing. But if the picture is good... we just sigh and said "I can do that too". We had fun and all the time we enjoyed the process of rating.
Minutes later, I received the selection from Marc. He also provided a method how to tabulate the selected entries and how to pick up the top 30.
When done, I called up Tonski. He answered softly and responded that he will just return my call because he was in a meeting. He later send me a text message stating the first 10 entries that should qualify. When I asked him why only 10, he responded that that he cannot make judgment on the rest entries because of time constraint. He was, at that time, not available due to work related emergencies.
Next was Santi. He too was busy and beg off the task. He suggested to look for a substitute. After discussing the matter with the officers, the name of Raph comes out. I immediately called Raph and gave him the URL link to judge in behalf of Santi. Raph, was very efficient. He gave his rating in less than just two hours.
I called up Franz, and we discuss the merits of the entries. His concern, which I agree, was that... most of the pictures does not reflect our exhibit theme. I explained to him that we may no longer follow the original theme but rather focus on the pictures that reflects "anything" Pinoy. We didn't finish the evaluation because my boss walks in the office. I have to put down the phone lest my boss would notice that I was doing off-office work.
Later in the afternoon, the selection from Lester came in. Same with Tolitz, Tonski and Raph, he didn't complete the 30 selection. He explained that the rest was just too off mark and should not qualify to be included in the exhibit.
Past eight in the evening, I already have the initial result of the selection. Six entries tied at the top spot and these were all voted by the judges as their best. These entries comes from Roselyn, Felimon (2), Rey Tuazon, Francis Yanga, and Marc. Then comes the second group composed of 18 entries with at least 4 votes from the judges. Next is a the bulk of 33 entries with at least 2 votes from the judges.
I advised the officers of the result and ask them to wait for the votes from Edsel and Franz. Glenn agreed and told me to recalculate the tally tomorrow morning.
Whew! we now have 24 final entries and additional 33 on stand-by.
No comments:
Post a Comment