Monday, March 12, 2007

glenn is leaving

After sending the email, I went back to bed hoping to catch sleep. My body was tired yet my mind was still fuming with frustration. Maybe there is a merit on the comment of Francis, but I just don’t agree with his timing. Whew! I just hope things get cooler when I wake up tomorrow.

But I was wrong!

Glenn called up at around 1am. He told me that he is leaving the Photonski group because of his disappointment with Francis. I tried to cool him down but he said that he already send the email and copied everyone. Worried, I went back to my computer and read the emails. Indeed, Glenn sent an email that literally slurs Francis. He then declared that he is resigning and is leaving Photonski. I also saw the response of Lester to my email for Francis. Lester cut me straight from my arguments on what and how Photonski should project itself.

1. Lester doesn’t agree that mere hard work is enough to grant a member a slot in the
exhibit.

2. He also pointed out the necessity to strive for excellence and we should not settle for
mediocrity.

3. He emphasis that Photonski should be regarded as a place of excellence and that
membership should be earned and not a privilege

The email wrecked what was left in my spirit. Doubt was already creeping on me, and I was asking myself “Am I in the right group?” And with heavy heart, I prepared a draft email with the intention of leaving the group too. But in the last minute, I canceled sending the email. I know, this is just a spur of emotion and I should not make hasty decision lest I made a wrong one.

Going back to bed was useless. My mind was so troubled I could not rest. I just watch TV until morning!

No comments: